Multi-Sub Optimizer Revision History
Version 1.23: Released 2017-09-15
- Added parametric EQ filters using the RBJ convention for Q to allow the full range of available Q values to be used in the iNuke DSP amps
- Added first-order (6 dB/oct) low-pass and high-pass filters
- Rearranged filter context menus for better legibility
Version 1.22: Released 2017-07-01
- Bug fix: Help file was always hiding the application.
Version 1.21: Released 2017-07-01
- Bug fix: Renaming a filter channel caused corruption of measurement groups having measurements associated with that channel.
- Numerous documentation changes
Version 1.20: Released 2017-02-20
- Added the ability to plot measurement groups in graphs relative to the main listening position.
Version 1.19a: Released 2017-02-10
- Bug fix: If a measurement position was chosen as the main listening position, then subsequently renamed, the internal name for the main listening position was not updated.
Version 1.19: Released 2016-11-08
- Allow target curves for sub-only configurations
Version 1.18: Released 2016-10-17
- Allow the fixed reference level optimization mode to be used for "sub + mains" configurations.
- Added ability to save graph traces as .frd files.
- Filter reports of HF shelf filters now contain a high-frequency corner to make them Behringer-compatible.
- Filter reports of parametric EQ filters now contain bandwidth in octaves per Bristow-Johnson's PEQ specification.
- Bug fix: Allow high-pass filters in shared sub channels.
- Documentation changes:
Version 1.17: Released 2016-08-30
- Added ability to save scaled PNG files of graphs.
- Disable reference frequency range controls in Optimization Options, Criteria for sub-only configs whose optimization method is Best match of MLP with other listening positions.
- Allow low-pass filters to have a maximum legal cutoff frequency of 300 Hz.
- Delete graphs that have no traces after a config is deleted.
- Collapse individual config and graph nodes by default.
- Updated help files.
Version 1.16: Released 2016-08-20
- Bug fix: Starting in 1.13, corrected individual delays were not being reported at end of filter report for configurations that were not sub-only.
Version 1.15: Released 2016-08-04
- Bug fix: Added missing main menu option to add a sub-only configuration.
Version 1.14: Released 2016-08-01
- Bug fix: Saving filter channel biquad text to a file gave incorrect results if a filter report hadn't been generated first.
- Bug fix: Updating properties of target curves did not update graphs having the corresponding target curve traces.
- Added cubic spline interpolation option for target curves.
Version 1.13: Released 2016-07-25
- Added "sub-only" configurations with the following characteristics:
- Main speaker measurements are not needed for the optimization to run.
- A main listening position (MLP) must be specified, even when the optimization method is "as flat as possible".
- A fixed reference level in dB SPL, which applies only to the MLP, must be specified.
- If the number of subwoofer channels is N, then N subwoofer gain blocks can be specified.
- For N subwoofer channels, only N - 1 subwoofer delays can be specified.
- Shared subwoofer delay blocks cannot be used.
- When cloning a sub-only configuration, there is an option to convert the clone to a conventional "mains plus subs" configuration.
- You cannot add main filter channels to a sub-only configuration.
- A target curve cannot be specified for a sub-only configuration.
- You can now copy a single filter to the clipboard by selecting it and pressing Ctrl+C.
- Clarified filter report information for delay and gain blocks when the option to use an AVR is chosen.
- Changed default delay limits and absolute minimum/maximum delay hard limits for delay blocks.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when choosing an MLP and later making the MLP plot-only.
- Added "Normalize Gains" and "Normalize Delays" commands:
- "Normalize Gains" forces each individual channel gain to be zero or an attenuator without having to perform "Rearrange Gains" twice.
- "Normalize Delays" forces each individual channel delay to be zero or positive without having to perform "Rearrange Delays" twice.
- Added the ability to save a filter channel's response as a target curve. Target curves are saved from 5 Hz - 400 Hz, 200 steps per decade.
- Added new low-frequency shelving filters that allow the center frequency to be specified. This simplifies making target curves with such filters.
Version 1.12: Released 2016-06-22
- Added ability to save filter biquad coefficients as text files, with the same format as used by REW, for input to miniDSP devices.
Version 1.11: Released 2016-06-18
- Fixed incorrect sub data scaling in static graphs of measurement groups when there is more than one main speaker in the group.
Version 1.10: Released 2016-06-14
- Added "tool tip" help to all UI controls of all dialogs.
- Added six new filter types
- Linkwitz Transform low shelf
- Linkwitz-Riley fourth-order low shelf (see mid-bass module article for details)
- First-order high shelf
- Second-order high shelf
- Second-order high shelf, variable Q
- Linkwitz Transform high shelf
- Added default parameter limits property pages to the Application Options property sheet to support the above six new filter types.
- Fixed sluggish manual tuning in Properties window for parameters such as Q, which have more than 2 decimal places of precision
- Allow specifying the maximum biquad count supported by your DSP, for compliant advanced biquad format for more DSP types. Examples:
- miniDSP 2x4 with 2x4 advanced plug-in has a maximum of 5 biquads per channel
- miniDSP 2x4 with 1x4 advanced plug-in has a maximum of 6 biquads per channel
- miniDSP 2x4 HD has a maximum of 10 biquads per channel
- Allow adding low-shelf filters to main speakers (to aid in achieving a target curve)
Version 1.09: Released 2016-06-04
- Added performance metrics calculation, displayed on the new Performance Metrics property sheet.
Version 1.08: Released 2016-05-28
- Added the ability to copy and paste filters in the Config View.
- When cloning a configuration, you can now specify that all graphs of the original configuration be cloned as well
- Bug fix: Low-pass filters are no longer permitted in Mains filter channels.
Version 1.07: Released 2016-05-15
- Added optimization mode that gives the best match of non-MLP frequency responses to the MLP
- Requires specifying which listening position is the MLP
- Specified in the new Method property page of the Optimization Options property sheet
- Use this mode for best performance when a later global EQ step will be applied to the MLP
Version 1.06: Released 2016-04-24
- Properly scale sub data when left and right main speakers are energized and measured individually instead of together
- Needed when using REW acoustic timing reference for two-channel systems or MCH when main speakers are left and right (not center)
- Situation is detected automatically with no user intervention required